Friday, May 28, 2010

Sloppy, Yummy, Easy Loose Meat!


This is a sloppy german (sausage and peppers)


My son loves Barbq, as we call it.  Many people call them sloppy joes. 
They are super easy to make, and most people have on hand what goes into them.
You don't need to buy those commercial cans of Manwich...yuk!

 Barbq



1 lb ground beef

1 c ketsup

2 T mustard

1 T vinegar

4 T sugar (I add more sugar than this, we like it sweet)

2 T worchestershire sauce

brown meat until cooked.

Mash meat

Drain meat

Add remaining ingredients

Cook five min

Serve on hamburger buns turned upside down, the bun top holds more weight.
Can make big batch and freeze or serve in a crock pot


I like to mix things up sometimes too and make Sloppy German's which are just ground sausage,  green peppers and onions served on a roll. (take the casing off if you can't find it bulk ground)
A Sloppy Italian would be Italian Sausage, Hot Peppers and Onions...
Sloppy Tacos are a taco on a roll.  I'm not real fond of those, but some like them.  I need the tortilla.  And there is another thought..you could make your loose meat sandwiches in taco shells. 

You can make buffalo chicken sandwiches, just ground up some chicken thighs, add your favorite hot sauce.  If you search my search bar, I posted my recipe for it before. 

Loose meat sandwiches are fast, fun and easy.  Great for Parties!  You make it a day ahead, and put it in the crockpot on the morning of the party and no one has to slave over the grill.


No comments: