Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Chicken burgers from scratch






Wow these were so good, I could eat one now.


My friend Kelly does not eat beef or pork and now my sister doesn't either...
I am always searching for creative things to cook, and we love to cook out even in winter. We have fish a lot and chicken breasts etc....even veggie burgers, which we really do like....just want variety.

I made these the morning of the wine festival and froze them ...and we had them when we got back....I bought a family pack of Chicken breasts.

I chopped them up in the chopper bowl with the immersion blender into a ground chicken. I added....garlic, chopped onion, chopped green peppers (actually red and yellow)....chopped mushrooms, about 2 T avocado oil (coconut oil,canola or grapeseed will do , anything that has high heat point) a bit of celery seed and ground pepper (I add that to everything lol)....

I think that is it..again, "me no follow recipe, little this little that" lol....I mixed it with my best kitchen tool, my hands and then made big meatballs, placing them on wax paper on a baking pan....then, cover with wax paper and put another baking pan on top and smush the meatballs into burgers.

Freeze for a few hours (or longer but at least a few hours).Grill and add cheese if desired and serve on a bun, or for you guys who are Atkins followers, no bun....

(bleu cheese and hot sauce is what we added, once it was cooked, with lettuce and had celery sticks on the side, well, Brian had Barbq sauce on his, he isn't a hot sauce kid)....Yummo! I used a family pack of chicken breasts (about 10 or so) and made about 16 burgers, so we have more for next time! I am going to grind my own burgers from now on, both beef and chicken, it was soo good and quick and easy to do.
I have also done this with chicken thighs too. Super good.

1 comment:

Eco Chick said...

I am going to make there in my food processor....thanks for the idea!