Saturday, June 29, 2013

Body Brushing for healthy skin

My favorite body brush has knobbies for foot massages.



I posted awhile back,  about healthy skin and using a washrag in the shower to keep the skin free from cellulite and psoriasis etc. by scrubbing really hard with a washrag and hot water. It works.and I do this daily and I  started to follow it up with...body brushing.  I love the way it makes my skin feel and look.

It only takes a few minutes after a shower, or before if that works for you. I prefer after. It promotes tighter skin, cell renewal and blood flow. It also helps the lymphatic system release toxins and aids in digestion and kidney function

Start at your feet, and brush toward your heart.   I use a brush that has a long handle so that I can get my back. They are inexpensive. I also have a facial brush, I use it on my boobs and tender spots. I like the knobby and brush in one, because after I brush, I like to massage my feet with the knobby side, as foot massaging is highly recommended in Ayurveda, which is my newest obsession right now.
facial brush, good for boobs and delicate areas
 Body Brushing only takes a few minutes and I find it more important that moisturizing, so if you are strapped for time,do this and moisturize later.  I moisturize with just plain old coconut oil.  Try it out, I promise you, it will make your skin feel amazing!  


If you can't find any body brushes in your local health food stores, I have put them on my Amazon Store page under favorite things.

1 comment:

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

So cool to see someone else mention Ayurveda!! I ve been dabbling for years as my dear friend has an amazing Ayurvedic yoga studio in Philly, Pa where she makes some amazing products . She came up with a Ayurvedic massage oil for babies that we featured on my site. I love body brushing ...it feels so good!
Be well,
Donna