I am looking forward to the Zucchini season for my mock crab cakes and I just happened across this great looking recipe. It's only 80 Calories for those watching their weight. They look beautiful and you can make them a day in advance, a great side dish or appetizer for a picnic that takes no effort the day of! That's always a plus!
Grilled Zucchini Roll ups with Herbs and Cheese
- 3 small zucchini (about 1/2 pound each), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/16 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces bagged baby spinach (2 cups lightly packed)
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
Preparation1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium.
2. Discard the outermost slices of zucchini; brush the rest with oil on both sides. Sprinkle the zucchini slices with salt and pepper. Grill until tender, about 4 minutes per side. You can prepare the zucchini a day ahead and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
3. In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, parsley, and lemon juice, mashing together with a fork.
4. Put 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture about 1/2 inch from the end of a zucchini slice. Top with a few spinach leaves and a small (or half of a large) basil leaf. Roll up and place seam side down on a platter. Repeat with remaining zucchini slices. You can make these up to a day in advance; store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Health, MARCH 2008
- CALORIES 80
- FAT 6g (sat 2g, mono 3g, poly 0.0g)
- PROTEIN 3g
- CARBOHYDRATE 5g
- FIBER 2g
- CHOLESTEROL 5mg
- IRON 1mg
- SODIUM 106mg
- CALCIUM 45mg
For this recipe and more great recipes visit the source..