Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Breakfast Casserole for a Crowd

Breakfast Casserole.


I love to make this if I have a bunch of teenagers sleeping over, or if I am just busy doing things, I can whip it up in 5 minutes, and throw it in the oven.
I pulled this out of the oven a few min ago, I halved the recipe and made it in a smaller dish, because its just me and the boys home right now.




Note: REAL BACON IS HAS SO MUCH LESS SODIUM THAN TURKEY BACON..DO NOT SUB TURKEY BACON..IT IS NOT BETTER FOR YOU! It is actually worse for you. As I said before, diet food, low fat, etc, all add sodium to make it taste good.


1 bag of shredded hash brown potatoes
bacon and sausage (I buy it already cooked and I freeze so I have it on hand)
12 eggs
1 c milk 
diced onions and peppers


Put shredded potatoes in casserole dish, or lasagna sized pan, add cut up bacon and sausage mix the eggs and milk, add some pepper (salt not needed with the bacon and sausage) pour over the casserole and bake at 350 for an hour. you can add cheese to this, onions, green or hot peppers, whatever you have on hand, whatever you like. the original recipe calls for cheese on top, but it does not need it

also you can omit the sausage or bacon or both and also you can sub canadian bacon if you wish

You can also add ricotta cheese, broccoli, spinach and tomato. If you like, hot peppers are great too.

3 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

This sounds perfect for a crowd. How can one not LOVE this? Im marking this for my next brunch! YUM!

chattipati said...

Does this fit a standard 9x12 casserole or will it stretch into a larger one?!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, at least for now. said...

You can make this in any size container..just up or down the amount of everything...it works in any baking vessel.