Saturday, March 2, 2013

Morning Energy Shot ~Raw Foods

I got this incredible book, Raw Energy that I have been diving into..in an effort to thwart the Tastykake devil.  I watched a great documentary called Hungry for Change where they tell ya, don't focus on getting rid of the bad, add the good..so I am doing that and it seems to work out most days. I figure, 80-20...80% healthy food and 20% indulgences....remember, if your pants start to get tight, stop indulging!





I tried a few of the recipes. Here is a good one to try, basic and easy, has almost everything my magic potions has in it for colds. It makes one serving...

Morning Power Shot

1/2 c water
juice of a medium lemon (1/4-1/3 c)
2 tsp fresh grated ginger root
2 tsp raw honey
pinch of cayenne pepper (I over did this one this morning, it was hot! but good)

Heat the water, pretty hot...do not boil.
In a mug, put the lemon juice, ginger, honey and pepper in the mug.
Pour the hot water over, and let it steep for 5 mins.
Drink..don't strain...

This will give you the energy of a cup of coffee (actually it gave me more, I think I am immune to the effects of coffee).  I will be coming at you with more recipes from this book.  Just you wait and see.  Definitely a keeper as far as "cook" books go.



No comments: