Monday, May 25, 2009

Big Boobies Macaroni Salad and so much more!




Hehe, my sister in law gave me this recipe, she has two friend's named Linda so she calls the one Linda Big Boobies Linda (she doesn't mind being called this). She has the best macaroni salad, so I asked my sister in law for it and wanted to distinguish it from the other macaroni salad recipes I had around, so I called it Big Boobies Macaroni Salad. She told Linda this and Linda laughed and said, put it in a recipe book and call it that! So cute!



Being that its picnic time, I wanted to post it on here.


Anyway, here is the recipe. It's truely the best macaroni salad ever.





Big Boobies Macaroni saladFrom big boobies Linda

One green pepper chopped
½-¼ onion chopped
Carrots
Four hard boiled eggs
Two third box of macaroni
2 c kraft mayo
1½ c sugar
¼ c white vinegar
½-3/4 t mustard
Salt
Pepper
Parsley
Mix together




If you steal this recipe, you have to keep the name ! LOL.




and while I am at it, here is a hot bologna recipe, I will try and keep the name of this simple and 'clean' lol. Don't buy it, its better homemade.




Hot Bologna (spicy)1 ring bologna
1 tbsp. crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups white vinegar
3/4 cup water
Cut ring of bologna in pieces, about 2 inches long. Place in a glass jar. Add crushed red pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt. Mix white vinegar and water. Pour over bologna. Shake well, place lid on jar and refrigerate. Should be ready in a day or two.





Here is a refreshing recipe for summer picnics or anytime really. I love it in the summer, its spicy but when you eat it, the coldness of the veggies refresh you.




Summer Salad
3 cans corn (or about two bags frozen is fine)
2 green peppers (chopped)
1 onion chopped
hot peppers (to liking) chopped
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can kidney beans
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
4 cucumbers sliced and diced
4 chopped tomatoes
3 T red wine vinegar
4 T olive oil (or 2 of them can be flaxseed oil)
2 T Cajun seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
mix all ingredients together and let set in refrigerator for a few hours.
This is so refreshing, and healthy. You can add anything you want to it from the garden. I never thought corn would taste good cold, but I can’t eat enough of it in the summer! I love it. I just call it summer salad. Matter of fact, I am going to run to the grocery store right now and get some ingredients to make this, until my garden grows.



And one more recipe for Potlucks and picnics. My sister in law makes something similar to this, I don't know if this is her exact recipe or not..but its pretty close, its what I make anyway, and its good.


Taco Dip
In a 9 inch pie pan or square pan

Double for a lasagna pan (you will want to double it!)

1st layer:
1 can refried beans or Black beans are even better.

2nd layer
½ c mayo
½ c sour cream
½ packet of taco seasoning
Mix

3rd layer:
2 scallions with greens chopped
2 tomatoes chopped
½ c black olives chopped
garlic to your liking
Jalapeno chopped (optional)

Top Layer:
Grated cheddar cheese

Dip tortillas

3 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

LOVE the name of the macaroni salad.;) The salald looks delicious, I love the simplicity of the ingredients. All of the other summery recipes sound delightful also!

NHizName said...

Is the 1 1/2 cups of sugar right on the macaroni salad or is it a typo? sure seems like a lot of sugar....I love macaroni salad!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, at least for now. said...

Nope, not a typo...it is alot of sugar..but its soo good. It makes a big batch so you aren't eating that much sugar in one serving.