Sunday, October 18, 2009

How to Treat the Flu with Homemade Thieves' Oil


I have been making my own Thieves Oil for a few years now (its very overpriced to have to purchase premixed)...ever since I read that it was believe to prevent the plague. There was a Sars scare a few years ago and I was researching prevention and found it.


I found this article to share about it, in googling it, and of course, as I have said before...be very careful with essential oils. A few drops of some types can kill a small child..so read up on anything before you start to use it.


This is not the article I got my "recipe" from, but its so similar and uses the same ingredients.



The carrier oil I use is coconut oil. I like it because it solidifies at around 68°..I am not a scientist or anything, I only know this because I can liquify it near my radiator and when its far from my radiators, it hardens. It turns into a hard like cream, which makes it easy for rubbing on..almost a balm type consistency, so that a little goes a long way.

The essential oils I use are


Cinnamon, Clove, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Rosemary and Tea Tree. You MUST use a carrier oil with these oils, straight up on the skin could burn...especially cinnamon! Tea Tree I use directly on my skin but some have reactions to it.


I have a candle warmer, that is a vessel to put a candle in and it heats the wax instead of lighting it...I put a glass canning jar, some water and a T of the Thieves Oil blend into it and keep it plugged in when anyone is feeling ill..or if we were around anyone ill.


We also rub it on the soles of our feet if we feel we are going to be around sick people, such as this time of year..you can make your own hand sanitzer with it....

I also make tea with eucalyptus leaves in it...not full strength, but I add some to my tea so it isn't so over bearing! My family eats a lot of cinnamon (we call cinnamon and sugar pixie dust) and my grandmother always put cinnamon in her tomato based meals...she must have known something.
Anyway, again ....do your homework...before you use anything, make sure you research it well. Essential oils can kill a cat.

2 comments:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, at least for now. said...

I use geranium oil all the time to ward off skeeters...its stinky but a tiny drop does the trick.

RichardCrain said...

So glad to come along with a site that offers much specifics of any common subject just like that which you are covering. Appreciate posting, keep up the nice work!

Thieves Oil