Thursday, April 29, 2010

Flirting with Vegetarianism....FAIL, as my kids would say to me

Yesterday I hit chick fil a.  I'm sorry, I just had to have one. Its been ages.  As sad as it is for the animals...I am going back to eating more meat. I feel good inside from the veg diet, but I feel sort of run down, as far as my energy goes, and I have fallen into anemia in the past so I won't be eating Mc D's or any fast food like I did in my 20s, but I am going to incorporate more meats into my meals again.

I am bored and want to cook, and I love to cook all foods. I just have to be careful where I get my meats and try to get it from companies that allow them to at least have lives while they are alive.  I will be eating vegetarian a few days a week still, but I need to change my diet up a bit to keep the anemia away.  I know that is probably why I am tired lately. 
I still love pigs and worry about them..so I may on occasion eat bacon, but I won't be buying it often.  I will only get it on rare occasions.  I know, that sounds horrible...but again, I miss cooking with it!

2 comments:

Carolyn Jung said...

You shouldn't beat yourself up about your once-in-awhile bacon craving. I think each of us tries in our own ways to make wise decisions about what we buy and eat. None of us can ever be 100 percent virtuous. But it's the effort that really counts, and the thought behind it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, at least for now. said...

Thanks Carolyn! I am going to try to still do it, 3-4 days a week for now, and if I do sometimes 5 or 6, all the better. I love vegetarian food...and all food.
I just found a section in a casserold book I have that is all vegetarian foods, so I will have some new ideas.