Friday, December 24, 2010

Peanut Butter Pie


You can make this with a store bought crust...graham cracker, oreo etc..but I get slack for using anything but Chips Ahoy cookies for my crust.  My hub, sons and brothers in law all insist this be at the family functions.  I don't like it...but that's a good thing. If I make things I don't eat, I won't get fat. I used Creamy PB today because I bought a gigantic PB for my kids power shakes.

Peanut Butter Pie


Crust:
18-25 chips ahoy chocolate chip cookies
1/3 c melted butter

Filling:
1 8oz package cream cheese
1 C powdered sugar
½ c peanut butter (smooth or chunky, I use chunky)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1½ C cool whip

Crumble cookies to make fine crumbs and combine with melted butter.
Pat firmly and evenly into 9” pie plate and chill in the refrigerator


Beat cream cheese, with an electric mixer until smooth.
Beat in sugar, then peanut butter and vanilla

Fold in cool whip with spatula.

Empty filling into chilled cookie crust

Top with shaved chocolate, chopped peanuts or sprinkles

Place in freezer and freeze for a few hours

Remove from freezer about ½ hour before serving to make cutting easier.

No comments: