Wednesday, March 3, 2010

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake


Pin It


This is not my mug, or my pic, lol. I was too lazy to upload my pics this morning.



Not sure if this was ever posted but if you have a chocolate craving, this is easy and hits the spot.
I added a T of chopped walnuts to mine a few times. Its pretty good.


5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous). And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

Don't forget to add a dollop of whipped cream, or ice cream!



Update!  See the full batch mug recipe I just posted, its easier:  http://margaritastewart.blogspot.com/2012/02/mug-cake-recipe-big-batch-for-quick.html


    

3 comments:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, at least for now. said...

Have some dessert, fast...anytime! My kids make this a lot. It's not the most dynamite cake ya ever ate, but its good and hits the spot.

Betsy Bargain said...

Thanks so much for posting this. Sometimes it's just me at home, and I want something sweet. I will give it a try!

LuLu said...

Hello Dahling! I finally got to see your AWESOME blog... I already saw some recipes i would like to try...and this one is on the top of my list!

Lou Lou