Friday, March 27, 2009

DO NOT BUY WHIRLPOOL

I AN LIVID...FURIOUS...AND YES, WE SPOKE TO A MANAGER.....

We have gone through hell with whirlpool for the past week. My 1000.00 front load washer just mysteriously stopped working on Sunday, Sat night it worked fine, washing my sweaters on the gentle cycle. Sunday, nothing.
Its only 14 mos old.
Called whirlpool Monday, they said they will take care of it, and send us the part is supposedly needed according to the code. they over night it to us...great, its not the right thing because it still doesn't work. the repairman said its another computer board that costs 500 dollars. he calls whirlpool (their serviceman) and they tell him they aren't going to cover it.
My husband calls, they offer to give us a 75 percent discount on the part, great, whatever, its been a week, pay it I want my washer working..now they tell us the part won't come for 7-10 days. They can't overnight it??? what? they overnight ed the part they told us it was on Monday and it was the wrong part, now it will be over two weeks that I am without a washer when I paid 1000.00 for this piece of crap.
I also bought a 1600 dollar refrigerator from them a few years ago and it too broke after 13 months. THROW AWAY BULLCRAP APPLIANCES.....NEVER EVER WILL I BUY WHIRLPOOL AGAIN.
Funny thing is, we asked a repairman we know what brand we should go with, because I wanted a Bosch, he said, no don't get a bosch, it takes forever to get parts, whirlpool parts are carried in all repairmen's vans....yeah, okay...two weeks..bet my bosch would still be working!
now after spending a grand on a whirlpool, i get to go to the laundry mat, wasting gas, time and money on their machines! thanks whirlpool! I will never ever buy anything from them again!
I will buy foreign Bosch appliances.
Guess buying American only screws ya in the end!

1 comment:

CottageBliss said...

I just HAD to comment...

I'm so sorry you are going through all that when you paid good money to have a working, long lasting appliance!!

We went through the same thing with Maytag in 2000. Bought brand new stackable W/D. $1800+ Newest latest greatest, less water, etc. Fortunately I also bought the 5 year warranty.

Repeat your frustration many times...parts sent, appointments 7-10 days from when part arrives, laundry piling up, etc. Calling service man back after 2 wash loads and same issue with water not draining.

I finally called Customer Service and told them I was going to put it out in the front yard and grow plants out of the washer and dryer opening. AND paint a sweet SIGN suggesting my neighbors get a lovely MAYTAG.

Finally got ALL the boards replaced at the same time and it is still working, but I hold my breath. I wonder how much it cost Maytag to replace it all when it could have been built correctly to begin with.

After that I bought a throw away priced dishwasher (KitchenAid) and when asked if I wanted a warranty I said "No, Thanks, I'll just replace it if it stops performing."
Although in less than 30 days the motor when out on it!! Mfg warranty replaced it.
I still have that dishwasher, strangely enough.

I don't think anything is made 100% in America anymore...that could well be the problem.

When they said we would get cheaper goods by exporting our manufacturing (and jobs) overseas, they weren't kidding. Cheaper and you get to pay more! What a deal.