Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fresh Spinach and Cheese Ravioli w Garlic Parmesan Lemon Sauce


You can buy fresh spinach ravioli, or make your own, its pretty easy.  You can either make the noodles w spinach in them or put them in with the cheese or both.

Here is my pasta and ricotta recipes from previous posts if you want to venture total homemade from scratch.  I also have a basil pasta recipe if you want to play with your homemade pasta recipes. I promise your family will love you for it.

This lemon sauce recipe was adopted from a coworker who is a fellow "real food" foodie.  I changed it up slightly. He makes a pasta w asparagus lemon sauce.  I was out of asparagus and happened to have some fresh spinach ravioli from the market.  I am making this today again but with homemade ravioli, because my family loved  it so much!

(this is for one pound of pasta, I double it, it goes fast)

Make and boil your pasta..meanwhile...

In a sauce pan that is large enough for that pasta you are cooking..

1/4 C coconut oil (he uses olive, I really don't care for olive, use what you like)
heat and add
2 T fresh lemon zest and  5 cloves of fresh garlic, right before you are going to put the pasta in..heat a min or two, but don't burn the garlic (duh, stating the obvious for the oblivious lol)
Pour in the pasta and toss.
Add the parmesan cheese and any herb you might want..don't over power the lemon, its a fresh light recipe.  I like a little parsley.

Serve

Today I am making basil linguine and putting the lemon sauce over it w asparagus and chicken.  It was requested by my husband.  He is off at work and I am making linguine from scratch. Some Italians make Italian cuisine out to be rocket science, but Italian food one of the easiest cuisines to make.

No comments: