Sunday, March 4, 2012

Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes





I saw a recipe on pinterest for an oreo cheesecake cupcake but I wasn't real keen on the way they made their cheesecake filling. I am more of a Hollywood Cheesecake gal, not so much into the dryer Philly style cheese cake. So...I tweaked it to use my cheesecake recipe, as I like the sour cream mixture baked on top of the filling, not mixed in with the cream cheese.  Makes for a moister cheesecake in my opinion.  They are divine!  Hub and I didn't wait the four hours. We couldn't hold off longer than two.  So yummy.

I will post a pic of them later.  Trust me on this one.

Place 30 oreos in 30 foil lined cupcake liners..in cupcake tins. Use the foil lined, as these are super moist and will "soggify" the paper if not.  Heat oven to 275°F

Mix:
2 -8oz packages of cream cheese (room temp)
½ cup sugar
½ tsp almond extract
1 T lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon zest
Beat until smooth, scraping down sides of the bowl halfway through beating.

add in:
2 egg yolks and beat until smooth (keep the whites)
Beat the whites until stiffly beaten
fold in stiffly beaten egg whites

Scoop this mixture over the oreos and bake for about 15 mins.


While they are in the oven, in a mixing bowl mix:
2 containers (1lb each) sour cream
6 T sugar
2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
Put this into a gallon ziploc bag to make it easy on yourself. You CAN just spread it on with a knife in a pinch. 

Pull the cupcakes out of the 275° oven, spread a generous portion of the sour cream on top. (or using the ziploc bag, cut corner off and use it as a pastry bag to pipe it on)   Bake another 15-17 minutes until the cheesecake is done.
Chill 4 hours

My boys loved them, asked me to make them everyday.

No comments: