Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mug Cake Recipe (big batch for a quick snack anytime) Updated:


This mug cake is a great way to satisfy your carb sweet craving in no time.

Ingredients:
1 box Angelfood cake
1 Box any other cake
Mix the two together and put into a jar for when you want a quick snack.  ONE of the boxes of cake MUST be angelfood cake.

to make your snack
In a mug, three T of cake mix and two T of water.  stir and nuke for one min.
Bam, its done...
here's my tips for this recipe..I like an extra half T of water in mine and I like to add things to it before nuking..choc chips, broken up oreos...anything you like..and when its done,I drizzle milk on it and stir it up and throw in an extra two broken oreos...Whipped cream is good too, but I only usually get this once before my kids empty the can.  I snooze I lose. lol.

I keep this in a jar on the counter w the directions to make it.  My kids devour it. It's not the most awesome cake I ever made, but its an easy fix for a craving.  Its pretty good.

Warning:  My sink is always full of mugs!  My teenagers (and the strays they bring home)  seem to love this in the middle of the night.

No comments: