Thursday, September 3, 2009

Seven Layer Dip and then some!


Pin It




This is a great dish to take to pot lucks. My sister in law made the first one I ever tasted years ago, and it was so good.

This version, I tweaked (I can never just leave well enough alone lol) and I added guacamole,hot peppers, black beans, and corn expanding it to more than 7 layers. Make two dishes, so you can make one hot for the people who like their Mexican food the way its meant to be...HOT!

You can make it in a bowl also, or a fancy schmancy dish. Below are some serving dish ideas. I am thinking of putting my gigantic margarita glass to good use for my hot and spicy one for my next "partay". And surely, the spider one at Halloween.


Seven Layer Bean Dip

You will need:

refried beans
Whole black beans (opt)

16 oz homemade guacamole
diced olives

shredded cheddar cheese
Corn (opt)

diced tomatoes

diced green onions

1 cup of sour cream

1/2 cup of mayonnaise

1 packet of taco seasoning

Shredded Lettuce

diced jalapeno or poblano peppers (opt, I like it hot)


Serve with tortilla chips and have a jar of spicy taco sauce nearby for anyone who might want to top it with that too.


Layer the following ingredients in a 9x9 pan.

1st layer- refried beans and black beans
2nd layer- 1 tub of guacamole

3rd layer-combine 1 cup of sour cream, 1/2 cup of mayonnaise and packet of taco seasoning

4th layer-shredded lettuce

5th layer-diced olives and corn if desired

6th layer-shredded cheddar cheese

7th layer-diced tomatoes, hot peppers
This is a super idea for a Halloween Party! Use a plastic baggie with the tip cut off or an icing piping bag and draw a spider web on it with sour cream...top with olives cut into the shape of spiders.











You can make a big dish or it, or, for a small crew coming over..




Cutsie Patriotic one for Memorial Day, 4th of July or for a party for a Soldier.

No comments: