Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pecan Sassies!

Pin It




I am making my 3 favorite man people some Pecan Sassies (yes I said Sassies lol). They are so easy to make.


If ya don't yet have the pan, get on my kitchen store and get it. Its so inexpensive and if you search around here on my blog, you will see more recipes I made in them.



Pecan Sassies

Tarts Shells:

½ C butter, softened
3 oz cream cheese
1 C all-purpose flour

Filling:

2 T melted butter
3/4 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla extract
1 c finely chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350°. (this is a good time to throw in some scrubbed potatoes, might as well bake some while the oven is on)

Tart Shells:
Beat butter and cream cheese. Add flour and mix until it forms a dough.

Using small scoop, drop 1 inch balls of dough into mini muffin pan. Dip tart shaper into flour (I just put a little flour in my 2 cup prep bowl and dip into that. Press down on the center of the ball and it should come up the sides forming a nice little cup. If ya get it wrong, all is not lost, you can re-roll it and try again, but homemade should never be perfect looking!

Now, make the filling

Filling:

Nuke the butter until melted in your batter bowl. Add the brown sugar, than egg, then vanilla and combine well. Then stir in the finely chopped pecans. Give it another stir and its ready to go.

Using that cute little scoop again, scoop it into the cups. Do not overfill!

Bake 20 minutes or until edges are a light golden brown. Remove pan from oven, let Sassies set in pan for 3 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool. (now be careful, I know you are going to sneak one, the center is HOT..but go ahead...just be careful). If ya have trouble, I just use a tiny toothpick to pry any loose that might not come out real easy. Cool completely.





PS For those of you who bought the bar pan baking stone from me....I am working on a recipe for sending out to ya'all for making something awesome on it! Look for it in a few days. If you aren't on my mailing list, email me d5enzo@aol.com and ask to be put on it. Ya don't want to miss it.

No comments: