Sunday, February 9, 2014

Steel cut oats frozen in cupcake tins


Today I saw an idea for still cut oats. You can freeze them in muffin tins or cupcake tins pop them out put them into baggies to keep in the freezer and grab them to take to work.
They take about three minutes to heat up some frozen.  Or as I do, you can put them into a glassmicrowave dish the night before for reheating at work and they will be thawed and cook faster.  

I made them in the rice cooker, as I normally do. I added dried cranberries and a stream of honey used 19 ounces of water and one cup of Steel cut oats. 

This recipe filled 8 cupcake tin cups. I figure that's about for breakfasts. I put the 10 into the freezer and left it set up about three hours. Then I pop them out of the 10 and put them into a plastic baggie. Now when I am packing my breakfast I can grab one or two and throw it into a dish. 





I like to have a hot meal for breakfast at work occasionally. Especially in the winter time.  

I'll post some of my other brown bag fast food later this week.  




No comments: