Friday, July 17, 2009

Cucumber and Red Onion Salad


Pin It


My sister is having a party and I have an over abundance of cucumbers right now from my garden, so I am bringing some cucumber salad. Here's my recipe..

double or triple this for crowds







Cucumber and Red Onion Salad

About 5 cucumbers (skin on, but skimmed with garnisher to look cute, sliced a1/4 in thick or a thickness to your liking.)

2 red onions cut up into nice size slivers or diced (however ya like it)


1/2 c Kraft Real Mayonnaise (its the only mayo that touches my food and no one has to pay me to say that!)


1/2 c sour cream

splash of milk

2 T vinegar


2 T garlic (pressed fresh or minced dry)


2 T dill (dry, m0re if using fresh)


1/4 c sugar

Mix Mayo, sour cream, milk, vinegar, garlic, dill and sugar and then toss in red onions and cucumbers.

Optional...you can add diced apples or grapes to this also.








































Then I place it in a ziploc bag for storing in the refrigerator until its time to go, and easy travel. I dump it in a bowl at the picnic.




No comments: