Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Lazy Fisherman's Maryland Crab Soup


Pin It


Okay I was going to post a pic of a cute crab and Darnell "Crabman" Turner from My Name Is Earl, popped into my head...I love him and Joy on the show, in fact, they make the show!





I just made my own version of Maryland crab soup in the pressure cooker and its to die for...and took no work! I know I could have used potatoes and all but this is a lazy day for me. I have had a full weekend...starting Wed night of last week, up until last night, we got home at 11 and I managed to stay up to watch my dvr'd shows lol.

This is very lazy for me, I love to cook and go to extremes sometimes, but this is one day, I did it the easy way and it turned out awesome!
If you don't have a pressure cooker (electric one's are best for lazy people like me), then you can stew it in a pot for awhile)

The Lazy Fisherman's version of Maryland Crab Soup

Like the name..hehe..its from a can...can't get much lazier than that!


Recipe by Shannon Dillman (that's me)


I used the following.
1 pound of crab meat (canned leg meat)
1 32 oz container of water, or Veggie broth (organic)
1 pack of fresh mushrooms
½ bag of frozen corn, ½ bag frozen peas, ½ bag of frozen limas
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
½ bag refrigerated broccoli slaw (no dressing just the veggies)
handful of dried minced garlic
handful of dried parsley
handful of old bay seasoning
few splashes of Louisiana hot sauce
and a cup or so of water to add to make more broth
cook on veggie setting 5 min...
That's all folks! How easy is that...and wow, sooo good..better than most (not all) of the restaurants in Maryland that make crab soup!
So sorry about the measurements...I told you before, I don't measure...wing it, put in what you want!

1 comment:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, at least for now. said...

Variations to this are changing the veggies to what you like or have on hand.