Saturday, October 23, 2010

Funnel Cake




I had funnel cake for dinner last night (too lazy too cook).  My husband dropped the kids off at Shocktoberfest and was sweet enough to get out and stand in line for a funnel cake for me..and even drove it home without eating it!

I posted on my personal facebook page that I had funnel cake for dinner and a friend from the UK asked..what is funnel cake.  I explained it to him and sent him this video.  I am sure they have a version of it across the pond, but call it something else.

I have made funnel cake before...my recipe is below...or you can just use this guys recipe.  (of course, getting it at a fair or farmers market is way better, because who doesn't like to have it made for them with no mess)








Funnel cake recipe


I got this recipe below from one of my PA Dutch Cookbooks.


Funnel Cake

3 c flour
2 c milk
2 eggs
1 t baking powder
¼ t salt
¼ c sugar

Beat together milk and eggs.  Beat in flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
Pour thru a funnel (or squirt from ketsup bottle) into oil and fry until brown

Oil should be  deep, not just alittle oil, enough to ¼ fill the pan.
Add powedered sugar



No comments: