Sunday, July 29, 2012

Stretching Tacos for Surprise Company

Well, its been ages...I HAVE been cooking, but I am such a slacker when it comes to the technical side of the job here.  Fire me.  We have been busy, remodeling the house, and YES!, we are actually getting things done!  It wasn't planned but we redid our already redone living room.  I needed a change again.  ADD sets in fast with me.

I will try my best to post once a week at least...have I said this before?  LOL  Friends who follow my blog ask me why I have not posted. So even if its short and sweet, I will try my best to shout out a tip or maybe even a question some of you can answer for me.  PS  Follow me on facebook, because I post there a little more often with little things I find that are neat, but haven't tried yet. The link is at the top, but I will place it right here → Follow me on facebook 

I have been making my tacos with ground turkey burger and ground sausage...I love ground sausage and put it in everything now a days..I just don't care much for  ground beef, unless I grind it from a good cut of meat which I don't have much time for some days, so I keep these ground meats in the freezer for such times I need to whip up dinner fast

Anyway, here is a quick tip for feeding a crowd....Throw in some corn and black beans...I never know how many are coming for dinner..my teenage boys bring home strays constantly, so I have to find ways to stretch our meals out to feed everyone.  You will want to use extra spices, so the tacos don't get bland.
Here is my go to taco spice mix.
You decide how much you want to use, doubling or tripling, depending on the batch size you are making..This is for one pound of meat..

Magic Taco Spice:

  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons hot smoked paprika
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes



No comments: