Monday, May 26, 2014

Simple Baked Jalapeño Lox

Disclaimer to the haters: shut up, I know it's not traditional lox, ya bloke. 

We love stuffing jalapeños with anything we can. Even when the pantry is low, I have salmon packets. 

Simple Baked Jalapeño Lox

You can half this recipe for two people. 
Although two of us in my house could probably eat the whole recipe

Makes 24

12 jalapeños 
2 packs salmon (2.5 oz)
2 packs cream cheese 
Your favorite spices (even if it's just old bay, spice it up) 

Toss it in the mixer bowl and let'r whirl. 
Beat until creamy. 

Cut jalapeños in half. Deseed and if you are afraid of heat, devein. (Not us)

Stuff each half with mixture and place on baking stone. (If you're not using a baking stone you're really missing out)

Bake at 375 until cheese starts to get golden brown (15-ish minutes, ovens vary) 








My local CVS sells salmon packets for a buck in their dollar section. The grocer wants 1.50 and up. It's a no-brainer, I buy them by the case for my boys to have a semi-healthy fast food snack. (Better than chips, and they eat it right our of the pack with a fork)





No comments: