Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pickle-cicles

Pin It





My son absolutely loves pickle juice...as I did when I was a kid. Its so refreshing on a summer day. Pickle juice on potato chips is to die for too. I had to ask him not to drink all of the juice before the pickles are gone, so the pickles are not sitting in an empty jar. lol.

I took my tupperware popcicle molds and made him Pickle-cicles..frozen pickle juice in a popcicle shape. It is so good and refreshing, especially on a hot summer day!


We love pickle juice on our potato chips too, throw the pickles right on top of the chips and let the juice get all over them..yum. I had frozen potato chips once, saw it on Emeril, it was good..so I took some pickle juice, drizzled it on potato chips and froze that.

Pickles tend to be a bit high in sodium so dont' go overboard eating these...once in a while they are good and fun. 210 mg isn't too awful, not the best, Ramen is like 2000 mg!

Speaking of pickles, whatever happened to Tommy Pickles and the Rugrats?

No comments: