Monday, July 8, 2013

Garlic Parmesan Roasted Green Beans



I absolutely love green beans...you can keep your canned veggies tho..they they have to be fresh, or at the very least, frozen...canned are awful, IMHO.

Green beans are easy to grow and its not too late in the season to plant some..get out there and plant some up a boring fence or stake up a net.




   

You can also mix these with other veggies but its string bean season and we are having these with our organic grass fed steaks tonight.

Oven Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Green Beans

quart of green beans
fresh or freeze dried garlic (minced or sliced thinly)
3 T Grapeseed or Coconut oil
4 T parmesan cheese, plus
2 T fresh grated parmesan cheese to garnish
your favorite spices, I like thyme w my greenbeans (whatever you like)
salt and pepper
red pepper flakes (optional)
Toss it all together,pour onto baking sheet and bake at 400° for about 8 minutes. Garnish with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. (red pepper flakes on the side if you have someone afraid of heat)

  I like to roast my veggies on a high heat, fast.  Watch them so they don't burn...all ovens are different. I also have to double this recipe as my family will devour these fast. My boys love any veggies roasted.






No comments: