Friday, April 9, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (fast and easy and delish)

I made these using real chocolate chips, real sugar and real butter but used Almond Milk and chopped almonds.  WOW  They are sooo yummy!  And very fast and easy to make.  
FANTASTIC!
I might make them with the ingredients she lists next time. I just have to get them, didn't have them on hand.

Her recipes all look amazing and this is the first one I had to try. 
I copied her type from her blog for this recipe and below is the link to her blog.  

Her book is awesome and surely a keeper (don't ask to borrow mine...I won't part with it! Get your own! lol)


Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

This is the first recipe you have to try!  If you think that vegan recipes can't be amazing, this will prove you wrong.  They are insane!  Before I went veggie, I was a major Reese's Peanut Butter Cup addict.  I was so sad when I thought I would have to give them up forever.  Regular Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are obviously not great for you, but these veg ones aren't nearly as bad.  If you are looking to lose weight, or you are a superhero, don't have these every day....but having them every once in awhile will make you soooo happy.  Not concerned about weight?!  Enjoy these a few days a week.  If you are a flirt or a full-on vegan, go nuts!  Let them replace your naughty desserts.   Bottom line is, make them....try them.  I dare you not to love them!

MAKES 12

INGREDIENTS
1⁄2 cup Earth Balance butter
3⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
(preferably unsweetened and unsalted)
3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham cracker squares
1⁄4 cup maple sugar or other granulated sweetener
1 cup grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate or carob chips
1⁄4 cup soy, rice, or nut milk
1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, almonds, or peanuts

STEPS
Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. (If You Care makes unbleached liners made from recycled paper.)
Set aside.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Stir in the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and maple sugar and mix well. Remove the mixture from the heat.
Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons per cup, among the muffin cups.
Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan.
Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted.
Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
Top with chopped nuts.
Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours before serving. 

They are great soft, but even better a little firmer! 
You can get her book from my Amazon store. I tried to get a copy from the library, but it would have been 108 week or until I got it, I was so far down the line on the waiting list. I am glad to own it, its a keeper!

Recipe is in her book and also on her blog..
http://www.thekindlife.com/post/chocolate-peanut-butter-cups

No comments: