Friday, September 17, 2010

Pumpkin Latte It's so Easy!


Pumpkin Latte
 My daughter posted on facebook that she was drinking a pumpkin latte....I WANT ONE  I replied.  Searched around and came up with a concoction from reading a few other concoctions lol.

These are semi healthy, as they contain real pumpkin.  Each batch serves one.  You can make one in two minutes and be out the door with it.

You are going to be amazed at how fast it is to make these. It won't cost you 5.00 a cup either.

To make it easy, take any remaining pumpkin and freeze in an ice cube tray and break out, store in baggies.  When you want one, you can thaw an ice cube right into your mug in the microwave and then you will have just the right amount to make one.



Pumpkin Latte

1/2  mug half and half or creamer (milk would do)
2 T pumpkin
dash black walnut extract
1/2 mug coffee
1/8 - 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
 whipped cream (optional) and some pumpkin pie spice or halloween sprinkles for garnish

I just took a frozen pumpkin cube, dropped it in a mug and nuked it (in the microwave of course) for 30 secs.  It was ready to work with.   Fill the mug halfway with cream or half and half.  Add the black walnut extract and pumpkin pie spice.  Nuke it for 30 secs.  Add hot coffee to fill the cup.  

Add whipped cream if desired and garnish with spice or sprinkles...Enjoy!  

PS.  for those who refuse to have a microwave (my sister lol)....you can do this on the stove top, but if you had a microwave, it would be less mess and faster.

Feel free to make the froth machine noise while you are waiting for the microwave lol. 

3 comments:

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

mmm this sounds really good - and perfect timing as I just opened a can of pumpkin to mix 2 tbsp in my oatmeal ......

The ice cube trick is great advise. I had heard it before but forgot. We will be changing out the containers I have the pumpkin in for ice cube trays.

Thanks!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, at least for now. said...

Sure thing. My first thought was..okay, should I open a can of pumpkin to use two T? lol. It tastes yummy, would go good along side your pumpkin oatmeal too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.