Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sriracha Ceviche w Grouper

I had ceviche with grouper at a friend's house once.  He made us a seven course meal and it was excellent. I have been a fan of Ceviche ever since. If you are a fan of sashimi, and sushi, you will love this...the fish isn't cooked, but appears to be cooked, because the citrus juice changes it.  Only use quality sushi grade fish when making it.
The Sriracha Cookbook: 50 "Rooster Sauce" Recipes that Pack a Punch
  I got this new cookbook, The Sriracha Cookbook, and everything in it looks amazing.I actually saw the book in a store and had to have it, but of course, when I scanned it on amazon, the price was better, so I waited two days for it to arrive. I am a cookbook collector and everything I seem to want to buy in stores, turns out so much cheaper on amazon.

I changed  it up, just slightly so I could make it with grouper. It was so good, its on my menu for New Years Eve. This recipe alone is worth the price of the book, but don't stop there....there are 50 recipes that ALL look amazing and I will be working my way through this book, as my family loves Sriracha. Go to my store to search inside of this book to see the index of all of the great recipes you can make with this "rooster sauce"



Sriracha Ceviche

1½ pounds seafood (shrimp, scallops, yellowtail, talapia, etc..here is where I used grouper)
½ C fresh squeezed lime juice
¼ C fresh squeezed orange juice
2-3 medium tomatoes diced
1 large red onion diced
2 persian cucumbers,diced
1 ear fresh sweet corn, kernels only
4 cloves garlic minced
1 jalapeno seeded and minced (use some seeds if you like the heat, we do)
½ C fresh chopped cilantro
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ C sriracha
1 C tomato juice
salt and pepper to taste (fresh cracked)
1 avocado sliced to garnish

In a large bowl, combine the seafood with lime and orange juices.  Cover and let sit in the refrigerator, stirring occasionall until the flesh becomes firm and opaque, about three hours. ( I put it in a canning jar, and shake it gently every half hour.)
Add tomatoes, onion, cucumbers, corn, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, oil, sriracha, and tomato juice. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for another 30-60 mins to allow flavors to marry. Season w salt and pepper to taste.  Serve in chilled bowls or martini glasses, garnished with avocado and cilantro.




No comments: