Sunday, February 23, 2014

Simple Soup (it's accidentally vegan)




This soup is accidentally vegan. It's a basic soup with no meat or animal products. Clean and simple. I'm not vegan, you won't miss the meat in this simple, light, clean meal.

Toss whatever veggies you have in your fridge together with some garbanzo beans and spices pour in some water and cook it in the pressure cooker for 5 minutes. 

Now you see why I call it simple soup. I've also referred to it as stone soup because I use whatever I have in my fridge right before I go to the grocery store and stocked up on fresh produce. 



This soup pictured has:

celery 
onions 
potatoes 
carrots 
green pepper 
chickpeas 
herbs and spices
I cover it with water and hit cook for five minutes and I have a great snacking soup or soup to take to work. 

In the summer I go easy on the herbs to keep it light, and in the winter I go heavy on the herbs because I feel they help keep me from getting  sick. 



No comments: