Friday, July 10, 2009

Chicken wings...or, legs...or whatever



I am pretty sure, the last time I checked, each chicken had two legs and two wings, yet in the grocery store, the wings are more than twice as much as the legs! I got a 12 pack of legs at the grocery store for 2.80. They are .70 cents a pound. Ten pounds of wings at sams club is 15.63..that comes out to alittle more than 1.56 a pound!!!!

I am not sure what sense this makes, since there is more meat on the legs than there is on the wings? My family doesn't mind me making "buffalo legs" instead of wings, in fact, they downright love it. Yes, when we go out, we eat chicken wings here and there, mostly when they are a dime a piece. But when I make wings at home...we are just as happy, if not happier, eating them made with legs.

No comments: