Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Jalapeño Bottle Caps


I just picked all of the peppers from the garden yesterday before I lost them to the frost.

We make tons of hot peppers in oil and freeze it for the winter, to add to pizza, 'sammiches' and breads.





Another one of my favorite things to do with them is make Jalapeño Bottle Caps.  They are easy to make and take very little time to fry up.
 I am craving them bad this morning for some reason, I am definitely making them when my hubby gets home!

Margarita's Jalapeño Bottle Caps

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 pinch  salt
1 pinch Old Bay Seasoning
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika

2 eggs (beaten)
1 cup beer

grapeseed oil (or any oil that can take high heat for frying)
2 cups sliced jalapeno peppers

Mix the Dries, add the eggs, mix well then  add the beer.  Stir it up

Put oil in the pan, dip the jalapeno slices into the batter and fry until golden.

Drain on paper towls a  few seconds and put into fry containers (I get mine at the restaurant store) and serve with bleu cheese dressing or ranch, whatever you like.




   

No comments: