Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lazy One Pot Pasta

Pin It



I make pasta in one pot all of the time. No strainer to wash, no sauce pot, just one pot for everything.

I take a stir fry pan (or a sauce pan will do, make sure you have a lid for it).
Add 2 T olive oil and garlic to your liking. Any meats , peppers etc you may want, chicken, clams etc and cook.. Then add a large can or two soup sized cans of pureed or diced tomatoes. Some of your favorite spices and let it simmer a bit to create a sauce. Then add a box of pasta (penne or tortellini is what I use for this type of lazy pasta cooking). Add some water, 1-2 cups, judge it and watch it, you may need to add more water as it cooks and the pasta plumps up, put on the lid and let it cook, stirring occasionally.

I make this a lot and got the idea from that crappy hamburger helper, I thought, I can make my own sauce and spices and make it healthier.

1 comment:

Eco Chick said...

great idea...hamburger helper type meals are so easy to make and really, what are they but chemicals and pasta...I can do that, thanks.