Saturday, May 31, 2014

Big Boobies Macaroni Salad aka Amish Style -revisited


My sister-in-law has two friends named Linda.  She calls one of them "big booby's Linda" to distinguish between the two. 
She got this recipe from big-booby's-Linda and I loved it so much I had to have the recipe. in her honor I named it after her. 

I have tweaked it a little bit from my original post with the amount of vegetables I put in it. Her sauce remains the same. 

1 bell pepper
1 red onion
2 stalks celery
2 carrots
Chopped parsley (fresh) 
4 hard boiled eggs
1 box macaroni 

2 cups kraft real mayonnaise
1-1/2 c sugar
1/4 c white vinegar
3/4 tsp mustard

Boil macaroni. You should be able to figure this out. 
My eggs have smileys in them because I've always distinguished our hard boiled eggs from raw eggs with smiley faces. My kids called them "happy eggs" as toddlers. 
I food process my veggies because I'm lazy. Ha. 
First the red onion and carrot
Then the bell pepper. Remember the veggies will chop differently depending on the texture. I usually put like-textured things together in the food processor. 


Then celery. That was easy. The teaser done. 
Toss together in a big gigantic container. 

In another container...
Mayo
Sugar :)
Vinegar and mustard
Whisk it up. 
Chop the happy eggs

Drain pasta and rinse, tossing in cold water. Drain well. 

Toss with the veggies. 
Pour in the sauce and toss

Gently fold in chopped eggs

Now let it sit in the fridge for a few hours before serving. It gets better with age. The 2nd day is even better so go ahead and make it ahead of time. 

No comments: