Sunday, July 29, 2012

Mug Mac and Cheese

I love mug recipes!!!

My lazy teenage sons won't make themselves a real meal.  I have to spell it out for them.  So if I have the stuff, ready to go for them, or a recipe for a mug meal hanging up on the fridge, they will make it.  It's healthier than the box versions. 

Mug Mac and Cheese
1/3 cup macaroni pasta
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup  milk
small pat of butter
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Optional: peppers, broccoli, spinach, etc etc..whatdayalike?

Put the pasta and water in a mug...some water will overflow as it cooks, or you can put it in a bigger mug or  bowl so that this doesn't happen.  My mugs are BIG, because we drink giant cups of coffee in this house. 

Microwave for 2 mins, stir, and microwave again @ 1 minute intervals until the pasta is cooked. this could take about 3-5 minutes, depending on your microwave. Mine is done in about 4.

Then add milk, butter and cheese and nuke it another 30-60 seconds in the microwave until melted and heated through.

 If you like other stuff in your mac and cheese, go for it. I like jalapenos in mine...so I dice it up and throw it during the last minute of cooking the pasta and water. 

Also this could be just nuked and made into buttered noodles. Add broccoli to make it a bit healthy, really, anything you like in your pasta can go into this.  



No comments: