Sunday, May 3, 2009

Artisan Bread in Five Min a Day Pizza Crust

I found my flour!!!!! I made pizza last night that tasted exactly the same as pizzerias. My family loved it so much. We made it Neopolitan style (thin crust, but not thin like paper thin)...
It's so easy using the Artisan Bread In Five Minutes a Day book. I used flour, water, yeast, sugar and salt. Throw it all in and mix with a wooden spoon. So lazy to make, yet so good. Let it set on the counter for 2 hours, throw in the frige and its ready to grab a wad and use at a moments notice...make bread, pizza, bagels, etc.










The flour I used is....King Arthur Unbleached High Gluten Flour (sir lancelot)
made from high protein hard red spring wheat of the highest quality available. (haha took that right off the sticker on the bag) I use 1 C semolina and 5.5 cups of the king Arthur High Gluten.

I got it in a 5 lb bag at the mennonite country store near my house for $ 3.03! They buy it in bulk and bag it in many quantities, so you can buy smaller bags and bigger bags.

I will use it again and again. Says on it its used to make bagels and pizza dough. Now if I can only find NYC water in a bottle to make it even more like NY pizza...this was truly the best ever and we make a lot of pizza, always changing and looking for the perfect combo.
I used the Master Recipe (from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day book) and added about two tablespoons of sugar. You can make it thin like we did and I am sure it will be good as a sicilian style pizza too if you prefer that.

Its crispy outside and chewy inside. yum.



before baking...little mozzerella balls all over it. YUM.

My husband and I make a great team. I make the dough, and he forms the pizzas. This below was my favorite, I ate almost that whole pie...white pizza with spinach and garlic is my weakness! He makes it on my pizza stones but he puts it on parchment so its easier to get in and out of the oven.


To watch the authors of this book make the dough in no time at all, watch this you tube video.
Also, see the authors blog. http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/ I have it in my fav links section too. I found this book over a year ago and adore it, they are coming out with a whole grain version of this book in the fall or winter of this year and I can't wait.
I promise you, anyone can make this dough! It takes no kneading..its a lazyman's dream come true for havin homemade pizza, breads, bagels etc. My son loves the cinnamon raisin bread. I make it in the early morning in less than five min, let it rest and then bake it, and he wakes up to hot cinnamon raisin bread.

This is the best book by far for making breads and doughs.  Below are the Author's making the bread on video. 

4 comments:

theUngourmet said...

Thanks for finding my blog! I love your blog too!

We have a lot in common because I have been a fan of Hillbilly Housewife for a long time!Have you tried her beginner bread recipe? I have her emergency menus and a lot of her recipes!

I also love PW and the Fly Lady!

Thanks for sharing you dough recipe, I will definitely try it!

Donna-FFW said...

I am so glad you happened by my blog. Nice to meet you. This pizza dough and the toppings look wonderful. I have the cookbook, but have yet to cook from it. I have to get down to it:)

countryfriedmama said...

Thanks for the blog link. I can't wait to check that out.

Homemade pizza is one of my favorite dinners. It's cheap, it's easy to make, and I can use almost any leftover in the fridge as a topping. Yours look delicious!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, at least for now. said...

article from Mother Earth News on this bread.
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/Artisan-Bread-In-Five-Minutes-A-Day.aspx